All educational institutions will be able to resume in-person classes from Tuesday (22 February) as Covid-19 infections continue to decline.
The students of secondary and higher secondary educational institutions will join their classes maintaining health rules.
The directorate of Secondary & Higher Education issued some guidelines in this regard.
The directives are given as follows-
- The students who have received the second dose of Covid-19 vaccine can participate in the class activities in-person.
- Banners or any other means over government-declared hygiene rules of COVID-19 must be hanged on main gate or any other places of the educational institution.
- Arrangement should be ensured for regular temperature measurement and monitoring of all teachers, staff, students and guardians at the entrance of all educational institutions.
- Educational institutions’ authorities will also continue teaching and learning activities on the online/virtual platform considering the situation.
- Activities of assignments distributed to students will continue as usual.
- Students need to prepare class routines according to the instructions already sent.
- Arrangement should be made to use all the entrances/exits of the institution to avoid crowds of students. If there is only one entrance exit, try to arrange multiple entrance/exit.
- Arrangement should be made for the students to welcome the class activities in a pleasant atmosphere on the first day of the reopening.
- On the first day of the reopening of the institution, students should be provided educational and motivational briefings on how to stay in the institution in accordance with health guidelines and to come and go from home.
- To keep a room of the institution ready as an isolation room with first aid.
- To make arrangements for proper cleaning of rooms, verandas, stairs, roofs and courtyards of all the buildings of the institution.
- To keep all the washrooms of the institution clean and tidy regularly and to provide adequate water supply.
- Proper observance of hygiene rules declared by the government should be ensured at the time of entry/location/departure of teachers, students, employees, guardians and others in the institution.
- Ensuring that all teachers, students and staff of the institution and anyone else wear the mask properly.
- Arrangement should be made of adequate hand wash soap or handwash liquid at the institution.
- Proper adherence to hygiene rules when students sit in the classroom. In this case to make arrangements to maintain three feet physical distance from each other.
- Properly clean the playgrounds, drains and gardens of the educational institution and make sure that water does not accumulate anywhere.
- Determining the attendance of teachers and students in the institutions.
- Conducting class activities through enjoyable learning activities in compliance with the required hygiene rules.
- To take necessary steps in this regard by meeting with the managing committee and guardians.