Grammy Awards host Trevor Noah set up expectations moments into Sunday night’s show: Music’s biggest night is essentially one big concert where awards happen to be given out.
It was that, but because of a mid-show appearance from Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, who spoke of Ukrainian musicians in body armor and appealed for support, everything landed in a context that seemed to escape last week’s Oscars.
The nominations for the 64th annual Grammy Awards have been announced in Los Angeles.
Jazz keyboardist Jon Batiste leads the field, with 11 nominations, while Olivia Rodrigo, Lil Nas X, Billie Eilish, Justin Bieber and Doja Cat are all up for the main prizes.
Here’s a list of the 64th Grammy Awards winners –
- Album of the year: We Are – Jon Batiste
- Record of the year: Leave The Door Open – Silk Sonic
- Song of the year: Leave The Door Open – Silk Sonic
- Best new artist: Olivia Rodrigo
- Best pop solo performance: Drivers License – Olivia Rodrigo
- Best pop duo/group performance: Kiss Me More – Doja Cat ft SZA
- Best pop vocal album: Sour – Olivia Rodrigo
- Best R&B performance: Leave The Door Open – Silk Sonic
- Best R&B album: Heaux Tales – Jazmine Sullivan
- Best rap song: Jail – Kanye West ft Jay-Z
- Best rap album: Call Me If You Get Lost – Tyler, The Creator
- Best melodic rap performance: Hurricane – Kanye West ft The Weeknd and Lil Baby
- Best dance/electronic recording: Alive – Rufus Du Sol
- Best dance/electronic album: Subconsciously – Black Coffee
- Best rock performance: Making A Fire – Foo Fighters
- Best rock album: Medicine At Midnight – Foo Fighters
- Best alternative album: Daddy’s Home – St. Vincent
- Best Country Song: Cold – Chris Stapleton
- Best Country Solo Performance: You Should Probably Leave – Chris Stapleton
- Best Country Duo/Group Performance: Younger Me – Brothers Osborne
- Best country album: Starting Over – Chris Stapleton
- Best musical theatre album: The Unofficial Bridgerton Musical
- Producer of the year, non-classical: Jack Antonoff
- Best music video: Freedom – Jon Batiste