Nipul Joarddar of Brahmapur village in Shailkupa Upazila of Jhenaidah brought grass poison in a Pepsi bottle from the market to clear the weeds off the land. Leave the poison bottle in one corner of the room and go to feed the cow in the evening. His little boy noticed that. That’s the way his father brought Pepsi for her from the market.
The child secretly drinks Pepsi because he will not share it with his older sister. Not being able to taste Pepsi at this time, he told his sister, then there was a commotion in the house. The child was first taken to a local hospital and later to Rajshahi Medical College Hospital for advanced treatment where he died.
Hasanur Joarddar, an 8-year-old boy, drank poison from a Pepsi bottle last Thursday (March 24) evening. When he became seriously ill, he was first admitted to Shailkupa Upazila Health Complex. From there the doctor referred him to Kushtia Medical Hospital for better treatment. When his condition deteriorated there too, he was taken to Rajshahi Medical College Hospital on Sunday (March 27). He died there on Monday (March 28) while undergoing treatment.
Hasanur Joarddar is the son of Nipul Joarddar of Brahmapur village and a third class student of Brahmapur Government Primary School.
Hasanur’s aunt Salma Khatun said Hasanur died on Monday afternoon while undergoing treatment. He made everyone cry.
Shailkupa police sub-inspector Amiruzzaman said Nipul’s 8-year-old son was being treated at the hospital for poisoning Pepsi. The news of his family’s death has been confirmed to the police from Rajshahi Medical College Hospital